Top New Home Technologies for 2011 and 2012
Happy almost holidays! Last month I talked about the design, efficiency and security that a proper automated lighting and control system can bring to your home; this month I'd like to take the time to talk about some of the newest and hottest items for the holiday season.
1) Remote Technology Incorporated (RTI), won the "Best New Product Award" in September at the CEDIA show, with the release their free iPod/iPad app which complements their existing Windows Virtual Panel App and upcoming Android OS App allowing for complete system control of your home entertainment and automation equipment easily and reliably from all of your portable devices (A product license, a capable control processor and programming is required).
2) Epson Pro Cinema Projectors, this fall Epson has upped the ante with their line of high value high performance Professional Home Cinema Projectors which don't break the bank. With current offerings available between 2000-5000 including a 3 year warranty, Extra bulb and Ceiling Mounting bracket they are this year's hard to be beat value projector. The projectors really shine with their high brightness levels allowing you to enjoy viewing all day without as much need for light control.
3) Paradigm, a full line manufacturer of high quality speakers released their completely revamped Cinema and Monitor line of speakers. The Cinema series offers a sleek new design in a high gloss black finish and comes with custom wall mount brackets. The Monitor line includes more traditional bookshelf and tower speakers available in a variety of finishes with enhancements in speaker driver design and technology derived from their extremely popular Studio reference speaker line which is consistently rated as one of the best sounding speaker lines for the money.
4) Lutron Battery Powered Cellular Shades are the product I am most excited about this year. Motorized and automated shades have always seemed like a luxury that few could afford but many desire. With Lutron's introduction of their newest line of Sivoia QS Cellular Shades, motorized shading solutions are now within reach for any home owner. Shades start at an msrp of 299 and by being battery powered limit the extraneous costs usually associated with getting an electrical or low voltage control signal to the shade motor. Power is derived from a series of high capacity D cell batteries with an estimated lifespan of 3 years. Control options include basic wall switch control as well as infrared remote and integration with Lutron's award winning Radio Ra2 RF and Network based advanced lighting and automation components.
5) Energy Management, Solar Power and Green Technology, are becoming a driving force in what we do at the commercial level and over the past few months a number of changes have been happening in the industry. Large companies like Microsoft and Google have left the space and now the smaller more innovative companies that have the knowledge and experience to create and implement these types of solutions are moving forward at a rapid pace to create end user residential solutions that integrate with many of the top tier home automation systems allowing you and our environment to reap the benefits.
Call me today at 425 922 8145 to set an appointment to check out our showroom and see some of these technologies in action or schedule a complementary in home consult with me so I can give you a tailored recommendation for your space based on your wants and needs.
Phone: 425 922 8145
Showroom by Appointment
29 148th AVE SE, Suite 200
Bellevue WA 98007
New Location and website are officially in the works!
1/8/2015, Eastside Audio/Video is in the process of moving to a new location in the heart of Bellevue at the cross section of Main and 148th. Official grand opening is slated for late July once renovations have been completed. Stay tuned for details.
Check out our new facebook page, and keep upto date with new product reviews, hot buys and our forth coming blog including topics such as wireless speakers, outdoor entertaining, new media sources like pandora, and why room design, aesthetics and acoustics are important factors in maximizing your home theater experience.